Friday, August 08, 2008

Field Trip to the Hospital

Jordan and Alex heard that the chocolate milk in the Emergency Room was really good, so they decided to try it out. The fact that it had charcoal in it didn't seem to bother either one of them. This picture was taken after their mouths were cleaned up. The charcoal made their lips look like they had been sucking on a black ink pad.
Jordan got a bottle of pills that Bobby and I had taken with us on a trip this past weekend. There was Tylenol, Advil, Excedrin Tension and RX strength Ibuprofen in the bottle. The bottle of pills were in my Bible study bag that is usually hung on a rack in the hallway. I was so glad to see Jordan and Big Mama when we got home that I forgot to hang it up (out of Jordan's reach). Jordan opened it and politely shared with Alex. It couldn't of been more than 2 minutes at the most, and I realized they had gotten quiet. Quiet with these two is never a good thing. Imagine my surprise when I saw reddish-orange juice running down the side of Alex's mouth. Jordan kept saying more...more. Long story short...they are fine. The doctor didn't want to test them until four hours after the incident. The tests came back saying little or no traces of anything. The only thing the doctor said was that Jordan was a little dehydrated. Maybe that's why he guzzled that chocolate milk even with the charcoal in it.
I usually enjoy field trips, but this was one trip I don't care to ever repeat.

No comments: